[horde] [imp] Controlling the reply in IMP 5

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:42:32 UTC 2011

2011/8/29 Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:
>> OK, we've talked about the theory.   Here is the reality folks...
>> A ticket arrived in our Helpdesk this morning:
>>
>> User - Ricky XXXXXX (rickyusername)
>> Incident: Network->Intranet->Webmail
>> Assigned to: System Services
>> system. I have recently been receiving emails from students who have
>> pressed the "reply all" to emails sent by YYYYYYY University to
>> students.
>
> The university YYYYY is doing it wrong. It should *never* set To: or Cc: to anything more than one recipient per email when mass mailing students. There are far bigger dangers than misclicked "reply all" in such cases.

I don't know if you followed this thread.  Others have also confirmed
that when the preference is set in Mailman to reply only
to sender, horde isn't picking up on it.

( Mailman option reply_goes_to_list is set to Poster, which causes Reply-To:
header to be set with poster name )

The default behaviour we see in DIMP with imp5
is reply to sender, which also cc's the list.

>> Classes have not started yet, but this might be a killer for Horde 4 and dimp
>> as the default interface.  Is there a way we can default to traditional mode
>> rather than "automatic"?
>
> Yes, in Horde Configuration or Default/User Preferences.

Thanks.

We'll need to switch to this to avoid the confusion and problems
until we get two buttons in dimp as per the feature request
put into the bug tracker.