[horde] Group Caching Ineffective

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Sep 2 15:38:50 UTC 2011

I've implemented a custom Group provider that makes calls to our
[OpenGroupware Coils] server.  I've also implemented a user provider.
  User provider works great.  The group provider also works well but
there are constant list-groups calls being made to the server even
with group caching enabled.  It calls over a dozen times with a page
load; which seems crazy.

Horde 4.0.8

Is this a deficiency in the group cache [it just doesn't cache these
requests] or possibly something I'm doing wrong?  Drivers, looking at
the others, don't seem to implement any caching of their own so I
assume this happens at the 'owner' of the Group driver object.