[horde] [imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 6 08:57:34 UTC 2011

Am 06.09.2011 10:48, schrieb Vilius Šumskas:
>> Am 06.09.2011 09:53, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
>>> And this is a fantastic feature of IMP.  One button = less confusion for the
>> users when they want to reply.  So
>>> IMP is better than mailers that have more than 1 button.
>>>
>> why does the whole world think it is better to hide options
>> from users and think anybody is confused if he can select
>> between "reply to sender" or "reply to sender and all others"
> Because it is the way human brain works. Take a look at cars before automatic gear box. You had to know at least minor things about how car operates to do good over the wheel. Now, every older lady down the street can do grocery shopping. Sure it does a little bit less miles to the gallon this way, or you never want to ride automatic gear box in the race. But this is only important for power users. And they always be a minority.
>
> The same goes with every device you own at home, including software.

sorry but it is idiotic to take the decision "reply" or "reply all" away from the users
this makes NOTHING easier, it makes it more complex for everybody who knows what he
wants to do and in my opinion everybody who do not realize the difference between both
should not use a computer at all

what with such decisions taking all options away from the users happens is that
you take away the possibilty for new users ever get a power-user because they
never had a chance to learn and understand - if software-development will not
leave this wrong way finally we well have only idiots out there some generations
later