[horde] [imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 6 18:29:37 UTC 2011

Am 06.09.2011 20:06, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
> As mentioned previously, this argument is a loser.  I could flip your hypothetical around into the following: a
> student sends a message out to his group telling the members of the group to share data from an experiment so
> that they can complete an assignment.  Each group member has different data.  If each group member replies only
> to the sender (because it it the default option), this completely defeats the point of the original message.

if you think users are unable to use "reply all" button in such cases
you call them dumb but on the other hand you say they should read and
check all

what about messages going to 300 RCPT as many really dumb people out there does
with their address-book instead using BCC and somebody is angry and press
"reply" -> all of them got the angry reply and if you have 10 from this list
with another angry "reply" threatet as "reply all" hell starts to grow over you

a default option has ALWAYS to be as less invasive as possible