[horde] [imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Sep 7 07:02:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 17:01 -0300, D G Teed wrote:
> My bug request to have two reply buttons placed back on
> dimp has been rejected.
>
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10441
>
> I explained the dialog taking place here to a colleague,
> who maintains Windows systems, and his
> response was: "I guess that's all you can get
> out of open source, huh?"
>
> I deal with the fallacy quite often of "you get what you pay for"
> in regards to open source, and typically the
> notion is wrong. But in this case the perception
> would fit.  Rationality and real world evidence of
> problems have no leverage against elitist software
> design, and given we pay nothing for it,
> we cannot demand anything as paying customers.
----
Ummm... If I were Jan or Michael, I would be completely tempted to rip
into you for the above.

Let me give it to you simply enough so you might possibly understand...
You have the full source code. If there's something that doesn't work
how you want, you can change it yourself. That is the entire point of
open source software.

If you can do a decent job of it, offer the patch back to Horde/IMP.

Discussion about what you pay for, elitism, etc. suggests to me that
here were 2 people discussing things that they completely don't
understand or could possibly appreciate.

Craig

believed to be clean.