[horde] [imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:28:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:02 AM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 17:01 -0300, D G Teed wrote:

> Let me give it to you simply enough so you might possibly understand...
> You have the full source code. If there's something that doesn't work
> how you want, you can change it yourself. That is the entire point of
> open source software.

That is the often repeated mantra of open source software.  However
is it maintainable?

In this case I feel the problem is wider than just me.  I've seen
about 4 other users say the current design makes no sense to them.
I'm also thinking of all of the users in the world who could be negatively
impacted by this.

I identify with the NASA engineer who warned people about the o-ring
and freezing temperatures.  Most people don't listen to warnings about
"what if" and want to carry on.

Go ahead and damage lives out of ignorance.  I won't.