[horde] [imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:49:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

> And as I and others have demonstrated, there is no reply to all "problem".
>  You continually ignore the fact that we DO NOT ALLOW AUTOMATIC REPLY TO ALL
> WITHOUT FIRST WARNING THE USER.  You never mention this.  Your argument
> /seems/ to be (since it is not clear at all) that this is unacceptable

Not clear?  Reply currently does Reply to All in virtually all cases at my site.
Other horde users have stated the same behaviour.

Two buttons!  Like 99% of the email interfaces.  Clear?

The average user is hit with pop ups, eulas, windows prompts for silly
permissions to grant.  They are blinded by warnings.  They do not read
warnings or instructions. I know.  I deal with users a lot.  They require
intuitive and standard interfaces.

If team horde were designing a gun, you would have a warning announcement
there is a bullet in the chamber rather than add a safety (which locks
the trigger mechanism if you are not familiar with gun safety).

The standard way is safe.  The DIMP way is guess who should get the reply,
issue warnings, and the user can clean up the unwanted recipients.
Stupid interface, and it also enables loss of confidentiality,
which I cannot allow.

You are determined to go against the email standard of nearly all email
clients.  There is nothing more I can say.  I will look at other software
and possibly implement a patch from outside the project as a temporary
measure until we can migrate.