[horde] [imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 7 17:59:17 UTC 2011

Quoting D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com>:

> You are determined to go against the email standard of nearly all email
> clients.

That would be a defacto standard, BTW.  Calling it such _might_ help
make your rants more palitable (though probably not).

> There is nothing more I can say.  I will look at other software

Your right of course.

> and possibly implement a patch from outside the project as a temporary
> measure until we can migrate.

I use a handful of patches to Horde here in my department, as does
the University-wide implementation of it here.  There is nothing wrong
with maintaining your own patches to (open source) projects, to meet
your own needs.  If done right, they are very reliable and maintainable.
(If down wrong, well, that's another matter...)

If you believe  your patches are popular, you can offer them as a service
to the Horde community.  In that case, you will soon see if you are right
about whether others believe as you do or not by the number of people using
or asking about your patches.  I've done this in the past also.  In fact,
a few of the things I've offered as patches or unofficial modules later became
incorporated into Horde proper.

But I don't think repeating the same argument over and over, after it has
been clearly rejected, will do anything productive.  In particular since
you refuse to follow up when people ask you for example messages or
specifics.