[horde] Activesync not working

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Sep 7 14:19:31 UTC 2011

Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> [...]
>>  >
>>  > With what, exactly? If you are asking about the above posted issues,
>>  > I have no idea until I see a *complete* sync log, server log, horde
>>  > log, and possibly wiretrace. As mentioned, this is working fine here.
>>  > Duplicate events are usually due to some error during the sync
>>  > process that prevents the server from recording the sync state. Would
>>  > need to see the above mentioned logs to further track down. No idea
>>  > about the mismatched dates/times. I have not yet come across such a
>>  > bug report yet. Possibly a problem with timezones, datetime format
>>  > being stored in the database.
>>  >
>>  >>  2-How do I delete several events at the same time?
>>  >
>>  > From Kronolith? You can't. You can manually remove the event entries
>>  > from the kronolith_events table if you like, though.
>>  >
>>  >>  3-How do I export the calendar? The Import/Export menu entry
>> is supposed
>>  >> to be there but unless I am becoming blind, I cant see it...
>>  >
>>  > From the dynamic interface, it's on the calendar detail dialog (click
>>  > on the arrow to the right of the calendar name in the sidebar). From
>>  > the traditional interface, it's an application menu item.
>>  >
>>  >>  When I successfully export my calendar I will try to re-sync with my
>>  >> iphone and send the AS log to this maillist.
>>  >
>>  > Could also be potentially corrupt data in kronolith. You can try
>>  > creating some new events on a fresh calendar, or alternatively try
>>  > importing only a few of your events one at a time to see if one of
>>  > the events is triggering the errors.
>>  >
>>  > --
>>  > mike
>>  >
>>  > The Horde Project (www.horde.org[1])
>>  > mrubinsk at horde.org
>>  >
>>  > --
>>  > Horde mailing list
>>  > Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
> OK more testing:
>
>  From a clean slate (all info deleted on iphone, I even deleted the
> exchange account on it), and everything OK in kronolith (after a lenghty
> and very painful cleanup of my calendar, I re-added the exchange account
> and re-activated the sync with my calendar & contacts.
>
> Results:
>
> The calendar on kronolith stayed intact while the calendar in iphone is
> all screwed up (missing events, weeks completely blanked, wrong dates,
> etc...).
>
>    My conclusion: it still does not work.
>
>    Attached is the AS log (I deleted the log prior to retrying clean) so
> you wont see anything relating to past attempts.
>    I will attach the horde general log if need be, but its well over 35MB..

Thanks for the log. Nothing seems to be wrong at the protocol level. I
notice the uids of the entries seem to suggest that these entries
originated from a KDE calendar app. It's possible something was messed
up with the calendar data on import into Horde. Have you tried
creating a new calendar like I suggested? I would try a new calendar
with just a few of your entries added via Kronolith, i.e., not
imported. See if the error(s) still occur or not. If they do not
occur, it's likely a data corruption issue from the KDE data.

You could also send me the (Kronolith) .ics export of your data and I
can see if I can reproduce your issues with your current data.

mrubinsk at horde.org