[horde] Should Turba ActiveSync contact import call the encode_attribute() hook?

Patrice Levesque horde.wayne at ptaff.ca
Fri Sep 9 01:56:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

	Using Horde 4, latest stable versions.

	I got ActiveSync working for Kronolith full-duplex and I can fetch
	my Turba LDAP Contacts from my mobile phone; when trying to push a
	contact from my phone to Horde, I get a LDAP error.  I know what's
	wrong; part of my DN is mapped to an empty attribute and creation
	fails (my LDAP-Turba attribute mapping is kinda baroque).

	Using Turba's hooks.php I can fill that empty attribute using the
	value from another attribute, with encode_attribute().  That being
	said, that function is not called AFAIK when adding entries from
	ActiveSync.

	I'm not sure where the encode_attribute() call should be added in
	the ActiveSync codepath, or even if this hook should be shared
	between regular data entry and ActiveSync.

	Thanks for any pointer,

--
        horde.wayne at ptaff.ca