[horde] Activesync setup on Android

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Thu Sep 22 22:06:42 UTC 2011

> -----Original Message-----
> From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-
> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Michael J Rubinsky
> Quoting Simon Brereton
> > Hi
> >
> > Probably I'm doing something stupid - and I know the wiki says it's
> > impossible to give a howto for every Android device, but I'm have
> an
> > issue setting up Activesync on Android.
> >
> > Horde_Activesync 	is installed and DB schema is ready.
> > $conf[activesync][enabled] = Enabled
> > webmail.mydomain.net/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync redirects to
> > webmail.mydomain.net/rpc.php as per the installation guide.
> It shouldn't be a redirect, it should be an Alias to the physical
> path on the server to rpc.php.

Sorry - bad wording - it is an Alias of course (otherwise the log entries below wouldn't have worked.  I have this in my vhost.

         Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /usr/share/horde4/rpc.php

> > I get this when accessing the page with the browser - which I
> assume
> > is correct:
> >
> > A fatal error has occurred
> > Horde_Log_Handler_Stream: "" cannot be opened with mode "a+"
> > Details have been logged for the administrator.
> Why would you assume this is correct? It's not. Looks like something
> with your logging is not configured correctly.

Well, I get a different result if I use the Administrator login - about 159.72 KB of debug output starting like:

A fatal error has occurred
Horde_Log_Handler_Stream: "" cannot be opened with mode "a+"

1. Horde_Injector->getInstance() /usr/share/horde4/rpc.php:96
2. Horde_Injector->createInstance() /usr/share/php/Horde/Injector.php:248
3. Horde_Injector_Binder_Factory->create() /usr/share/php/Horde/Injector.php:213
4. Horde_Core_Factory_ActiveSyncBackend->create() /usr/share/php/Horde/Injector/Binder/Factory.php:111
5. Horde_Log_Handler_Stream->__construct() /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Factory/ActiveSyncBackend.php:16
6. Horde_Log_Handler_Stream->__wakeup() /usr/share/php/Horde/Log/Handler/Stream.php:86

The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown below only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see error details.

But you're right - as I mentioned, nothing is being put into the sync.log - and since sending the email I noticed nothing is being put into the horde.log either!

Here are my settings for that:

48 $conf['log']['priority'] = 'INFO';
 49 $conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
 50 $conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
 51 $conf['log']['name'] = '/var/log/horde/horde4.log';
 52 $conf['log']['params']['append'] = true;
 53 $conf['log']['params']['format'] = 'default';
 54 $conf['log']['enabled'] = true;
 55 $conf['log_accesskeys'] = false;

Here are my directory permissions:
drwxr-x---  3 root   adm       4.0K Sep 18 06:26 apache2/
drw-rw----  2 root   www-data  4.0K Aug  8 21:32 horde/

Perhaps I need to make them the same as the apache ones?

But is an inability to write to the log a reason for the set-up failure?

> > On the device (OG - 2.3.4) I go to Settings/Accounts and Sync/Add
> New
> > Account.  Choose Exchange.  Enter the email address and password
> and
> > tap next.  I change the default \username to \username at mydomain.net
> > (although I've also tried
> > mydomain.net\username)
> The username field should be *exactly* what you use to login to Horde
> with, though the extra Windows Domain separator (\) is harmless.

OK - that's what the majority of my attempts were though (username at mydomain.net) - this is how I log into Horde.  I only tried the others because I'm not familiar with Activesync.

> > and change the server to webmail.mydomain.net:443 - tapping next
> gives
> > me "checking incoming server settings" which returns an error
> pretty,
> > sharply - "Unable to open connection to server"
> You shouldn't need to specify the SSL port. It is automatically
> determined by the client, depending on whether or not you select to
> enable SSL or not.

Actually I didn't - when I move to that screen the mydomain.net:443 is already there - I just added the webmail. because it's needed.



More information about the horde mailing list