[horde] Activesync not working

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:27:02 UTC 2011

> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>> On 2011-09-21, at 9:01 PM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>>     <...>

>>>     No idea then. I just deleted, re-entered my account on my iPod
>>> Touch with no problems. Since my local dev server has no SSL, I
>>> get the "Cannot verify account" error initially, but once I save
>>> it, go back in and turn off SSL, it works fine. My production
>>> server, with SSL, works without issues.
>>>
>>>     Maybe a problem with the Alias entry? Anything in the Horde
>>> log or the server error/access logs?
>>>

>>>     --
>>>     mike
>>>
>>>     The Horde Project (www.horde.org[1])
>>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>>>
>>>     --
>>    Nope... I guarantee the as server is broken, or the iPhone is
>> defective... I tried like 10+ times, no success.  The activesync
>> log and horde log are both "mute" e.g. They don't report
>> anything...  Tail -f did not show anything.
>   FWIW, this is *exactly* what would happen when you enter the
> account on the iPhone if your server does NOT use SSL. You have to
> continue, and save the account, and THEN go back in and deselect SSL
> support on the phone. Is that what you did?
>
>   What happens if you access the AS endpoint in the browser
> directly? (http://example.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync)
>
>   --
>   mike
>
>   The Horde Project (www.horde.org[1])
> mrubinsk at horde.org
>
>   --

Might be interesting to know, but trying to go at the AS endpoint in the
browser directly (http://example.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync) leads to
a blank page, nothing...  Note that in my case, its an intrnal server with
its own IP so I would access the AS endpoint with something like
http://$SERVER_IP/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
    Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux