[horde] Horde and Quotas

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 3 16:10:28 UTC 2011

Quoting Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running my Horde 4(latest version of everything) on a Debian
> Squeeze system.
>
> I want to get quotas working in the portal block.  I understand that
> there is a difference between file system quotas in the portal
> block, and IMAP quotas for imp.  I'm actually interested in both of
> these, but I'm having trouble finding any information on how to do
> either.
>
> The portal block is configured for "localhost", and I have the
> correct path to the quota binary on the system.  On the command line
> on the system, the quota command works as it should.  On the portal
> block, all I get is username, home directory, and default shell --
> none of which is terribly useful to my user base.  Quotas are what
> I'm after here.

This is the local filesystem quota.  From the documentation:

      * This may require a modified "quota" command that allows the httpd
      * server account to get quotas for other users...  It requires that your
      * web server and user server be the same server or at least have shared
      * authentication and file servers (e.g. via NIS/NFS).  And last, it (as
      * written) requires the posix php extensions.
      *
      * If your quota command wraps the output onto two lines, then this module
      * will only work if you have a grep which supports the -A switch, and you
      * append an -A1 switch to your grep_path (e.g. '/bin/grep -A1').

Given this description... if you haven't configured anything then
there is about a 0% chance the quota will be displayed.

There is no way to display an IMAP quota in a block.  This is
intentional for performance purposes.

michael