[horde] Horde and Quotas

Chris cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Mon Oct 3 22:52:51 UTC 2011

> This is the local filesystem quota.  From the documentation:
>
>      * This may require a modified "quota" command that allows the httpd
>      * server account to get quotas for other users...  It requires that your
>      * web server and user server be the same server or at least have shared
>      * authentication and file servers (e.g. via NIS/NFS).  And last, it (as
>      * written) requires the posix php extensions.
>      *
>      * If your quota command wraps the output onto two lines, then
> this module
>      * will only work if you have a grep which supports the -A
> switch, and you
>      * append an -A1 switch to your grep_path (e.g. '/bin/grep -A1').
>
> Given this description... if you haven't configured anything then
> there is about a 0% chance the quota will be displayed.
>
> There is no way to display an IMAP quota in a block.  This is
> intentional for performance purposes.
>
> michael
Hi Michael,

I apologize for missing that.  I truly tried to find this info, but
didn't.  You say it is in the docs, but where? (just for future
reference)  I looked under INSTALL and UPGRADE for the docs for the
"Horde Application Framework", and I also entered /var/www/horde and
looked recursively for any mention of the word "quota".  I also looked
at the horde wiki. And, of course, I googled several dozen times over.
  Maybe I'm thick, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I'll dig a little further.  If I
can get fs quotas working, I don't really care about IMAP quotas.

Peace
-Chris