[horde] Horde and Quotas

Chris cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Tue Oct 4 16:44:48 UTC 2011

Quoting Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

>> This is located in the source code itself
>> (horde/lib/Block/Account/Localhost.php).  Not really sure where a good
>> place to put this is - it's not something that should be visible to a
>> user, but this doesn't belong in horde/docs/INSTALL either.
>>
>> michael
>>

> I see what you mean about location for that information... Not sure.
> Maybe on the wiki?
>
> Anyway, I have "modified" my quota so that the apache2 user has full
> acess to execute it.  On the command line, it yields output that looks
> like:
>
>      Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota
> limit   grace
>       /dev/sda3    2704  1000000 1024000             132       0       0
>
> Now, it said that the output wraps to two lines, change the grep path
> to /usr/bin/grep -A1 (assuming /usr/bin is where your grep is located,
> which mine is).
>
> I have set the grep_path to '/usr/bin/grep' and '/usr/bin/grep -A1',
> and neither work.  The portal block  still only shows the user, his
> homedir and his shell.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -Chris

So, I have been over this several times now, and it seems to me that
something is very wrong.  I have set my grep_path both ways (though
according to the comments in Localhost.php, it should be /bin/grep
-A1).  I have also tested the posix extensions by using the php shell
within the horde admin panel using a script from the php website:

$file = 'some_file';
if (posix_access($file, POSIX_R_OK | POSIX_W_OK)) {
     echo 'The file is readable and writable!';
} else {
     $error = posix_get_last_error();
     echo "Error $error: " . posix_strerror($error);
}

And it works... so, if I have my grep_path correct, and I have my
quota binary working for the www-data user (and it can get quotas for
other users), and I have my posix extensions working... What am I
doing wrong?

Thanks.