[horde] Activesync not working - Problem resolved.

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 21:16:40 UTC 2011

I finally managed to find the problem I was having with AS.

   A while back I added the secutrity tipss in my apache config file and
this broke AS (http://wiki.horde.org/SecurityTips?referrer=HowTo)

<Directory "/var/www/html/horde/">
  Options none
  # Only needed if you have got safe_mode globally on
  php_admin_flag  safe_mode        off

  # /usr/share/pear is needed for PEAR. /var/www/html/horde is needed for
Horde itself
  # You might want to add /usr/bin for applications like Chora that are
calling external binaries
  # TODO: Set an appropriate include_path, too. Might even increase speed a
bit.
  php_admin_value open_basedir     "/var/www/html/horde:/usr/share/pear"

  # always a good idea :)
  php_admin_flag  expose_php       off

  # If you do this (recomended by the PHP documentation, btw)...
  php_admin_flag  display_errors   off

  # ... you need to set this also - otherwise you'll have no idea what's
wrong if something doesn't work.
  # Don't forget to specify a logfile in your php.ini or elsewhere!
  php_admin_flag  log_errors       on
  php_admin_flag  register_globals off
</Directory>

# Deny access to files that are not served directly by the webserver
<DirectoryMatch
"^/var/www/html/horde/(.*/)?(config|lib|locale|po|scripts|templates)/(.*)?">
  order deny,allow
  deny  from all
</DirectoryMatch>

# Deny access to the test.php files except from localhost
<LocationMatch "^/horde/(.*/)?test.php">
  order deny,allow
  deny  from all
  allow from localhost
</LocationMatch>

     Can somebody tell me if its normal that AS broke?  I removed these
lines (commented out) and AS is back in action!

   Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
   Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux