[horde] Activesync not working - Problem resolved.

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Oct 9 23:58:36 UTC 2011

Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> I finally managed to find the problem I was having with AS.
>
>   A while back I added the secutrity tipss in my apache config file and
> this broke AS (http://wiki.horde.org/SecurityTips?referrer=HowTo)
>
> <Directory "/var/www/html/horde/">
>   Options none
>   # Only needed if you have got safe_mode globally on
>   php_admin_flag  safe_mode        off
>
>   # /usr/share/pear is needed for PEAR. /var/www/html/horde is needed for
> Horde itself
>   # You might want to add /usr/bin for applications like Chora that are
> calling external binaries
>   # TODO: Set an appropriate include_path, too. Might even increase speed a
> bit.
>   php_admin_value open_basedir     "/var/www/html/horde:/usr/share/pear"
>
>   # always a good idea :)
>   php_admin_flag  expose_php       off
>
>   # If you do this (recomended by the PHP documentation, btw)...
>   php_admin_flag  display_errors   off
>
>   # ... you need to set this also - otherwise you'll have no idea what's
> wrong if something doesn't work.
>   # Don't forget to specify a logfile in your php.ini or elsewhere!
>   php_admin_flag  log_errors       on
>   php_admin_flag  register_globals off
> </Directory>
>
> # Deny access to files that are not served directly by the webserver
> <DirectoryMatch
> "^/var/www/html/horde/(.*/)?(config|lib|locale|po|scripts|templates)/(.*)?">
>   order deny,allow
>   deny  from all
> </DirectoryMatch>
>
> # Deny access to the test.php files except from localhost
> <LocationMatch "^/horde/(.*/)?test.php">
>   order deny,allow
>   deny  from all
>   allow from localhost
> </LocationMatch>
>
>     Can somebody tell me if its normal that AS broke?  I removed these
> lines (commented out) and AS is back in action!

I don't see anything obvious there that would cause AS to break. The
only thing I can think of off hand is that you have AS set to log to
it's own file, but that file is not within the basedir you configured?
Not sure that would actually break the sync though...

Do you know which one of those directives is the culprit?

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org