[horde] Roadmap for Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.x ?

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 14:50:37 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

If you already have Horde installed, I would HIGHLY recommend that you install the new version of horde into a different directory.  Then, copy your current horde database to a new database (such as horde-new).  When you then go through the install of the newest version of Horde, point to that new 'horde-new' database.

This way, you will be able to run both the old version and new versions simultaneously.  Of course, any contacts/calendars/history information will be stored in only one of the databases.  But, I jumped right in (luckily I made a database backup) and replaced my existing Horde with the new one - and found there to be problems with it - and some annoyances like the loading of the menu bar every time you clicked on something in Traditional view.

By making it separate, it will allow you to test and give the newer version a trial first to ensure you do want to upgrade.  I've decided that it wasn't worth the upgrade to me because of those issues.

Brian S.