[horde] Hermes UI entry of viewing the timesheets of the all the employees

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:29:44 UTC 2011

On 13 October 2011 12:28,  <at163zhong at 163.com> wrote:
> Hi, all horde & hermes users:
>
>        First of all, sorry to send this to horde mailing list because I don't find hermes mailing list.
>
>        I  installed  horde3 + turba+ hermes following their document in the installation package.
>        The installation is fine.
>
>        I  use htpasswd file to authenticat horde3 users.
>
>        I  got trouble in how to using hermes.
>        Now  my employee can logon to submit their time. They can see their submitted time  by himself.
>        I logon as administrator  and try to search the all employee's submitted time,  got nothing.
>
>        I googled and reach http://old.nabble.com/Timesheet-Management-td4955599.html
>        It said, "   I like to use Hermes only for Timesheet management, so features like Invoicing are not being used. We have some managerial staff(notadmins)  who wants to view the timesheets of the all the employees in his/her team. When these people logon they should be able to get the
> timesheets per user/per day and per project basis. Currently these features are included in the _Search_ section but it's tedious to search these information. "
>
>        What he said is what I want ,   but  I  got nothing  in the _Search_ section. I only got the submitted time by myself.
>
>        Should I  do more configuration ?   There is no manual and guide about hermes, I googled for several weeks, no luck.
>
>        I have to ask your help.

The above thread you referred was posted by me. But unfortunately, due
to various other priorities my work with Hermes didn't progressed much
except some minor bug fixes and enhancements. Recently we switched to
our timesheet system (developed internally) and we no longer use
Hermes so I'm not sure whether the development is still active.

AFAIK, the search functionality was working without any issues. The
reason why you was not able to view others timsheet is because you
don't have the right permissions. You can grant permissions from
Administration-->Permissions and add appropriate permissions to the
desired account. ( I cannot recollect the exact steps, but I'm sure
you can figure out what to do in the permissions section)

regards

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com