[horde] Memory size exhausted

Felipe Scarel fbscarel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:27:56 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I've been seeing the following error an awful lot of times since my
Apache/Horde/IMP (latest version available on pear.horde.org) went live two
weeks ago:

- - - - -

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 71 bytes) in /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Log/Logger.php on line 78,
referer: https://domain.stripped/imp/search.php

- - - - -

I've tried increasing PHP script memory limit in php.ini from 256 MB to
512MB and then to 768 MB, with no luck. Is this a common problem? What could
be the reason that script is consuming so much memory?

For the record, relevant options (or rather what I believe are relevant on
this case) on my Horde config are as follows:

- - - - -

$conf['log']['enabled'] = false;
$conf['debug_level'] = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED;

- - - - -

Thanks in advance and best regards,
fbscarel