[horde] Identity and Signature emty after upgrade to Horde 4

Montagutelli Xavier xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Thu Nov 3 19:14:24 UTC 2011

Makeri <makeri-kutsonu at t-online.de> a écrit :

> Hello !
>
> I Upgrade Horde 3 to Horde 4  :
>
> I use the same mysql-DB and on Horde Configuration i upgrade the DB-Schema.
>
> if login to new horde 4, then the Fields in identity and signature
> are empty (in
> "Personal Information" of preferences).
>
> Must any user save again his identity and signature ?
>
> Got i make anything wrong or is it a bug ?

What character set do you use ?

I got the same problem during my last test. It was due to a problem of
character encoding : our old database was in UTF-8, Horde 3 in
"iso-8859-1" (latin1). In the new setup, both MySQL and Horde 4 are
utf8. I had to recode the "identities" preferences to recover them. If
your problem is not corrected by the fix announced by Jan, and is
related to character encoding, let me know and I will give you my
script.

--
Xavier