[horde] Error: No connection to server

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Fri Nov 4 20:19:23 UTC 2011

On 4 November 2011 15:57, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> Seeing how this happens as soon as you navigate to the portal page, why
>>> not try to figure out which block is causing this? Either remove the blocks
>>> one by one until it stops happening, or remove them all and start re-adding
>>> them...
>>
>> If he is in traditional mode, this could be something else (like show
>> message counts in all folders in the left menu bar).  But certainly trying
>> to nuke the portal settings would be worth the while...
>
> I had assumed he tried applications other than IMP as well :)

He had.

> Easy enough to test - navigate to a traditional-only view application like
> Turba and see if it occurs there as well.

Done.  I logged into traditional view - and there too the left menu
bar take around 4-5 seconds to load.  Clearly I don't have timings for
pre 4.0.11 but my general impression is that it is slower than before.
 BTW, I don't have a lot of unread messages.  4-5 seconds is what it
is taking in the dynamic view too.  Interestingly, when I logged in to
the traditional view, none of my messages are actually displayed :)
If I log out and back in in dynamic or automatic they are all there.

Can some remind me why the left menu bar is not there in the dynamic
version of imp?  Everytime I need to get the configuration or
administration menu, I have to go first to Kronolith and then to Horde
to get it back.  It's fine if I go to mnemo, turba or nag or passwd,
but as soon as I go to imp, I'm stuck with the mail actions and folder
list on the left.  (Yes, the other applications are there but all of
them load on the right without replacing the mail actions/folder list
with the left menu bar.

Simon