[horde] Horde 4 with PAM on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Mark Dods madods at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 14 01:13:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to install version 4 of Horde Groupware Webmail Edition on
Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS.

The Horde test script reports:

"PAM Support: No
The PAM extension is required to allow PAM authentication to be used."

I have the php5-auth-pam 0.4-10ubuntu1 module installed.

I've tried installing the PECL pam module, but I get this error:

"configure: error: install the the PAM library or use --with-pam=DIR to
specify the location."

 From my Googling it seems that the php5-auth-pam 0.4-10ubuntu1 module
may be the problem, but I can't find what to do about it. I can
uninstall it OK, but what do I replace it with, and how?

--
Regards,

Mark Dods, VK3ZR madods at optusnet.com.au