[horde] Timeshift on ActiveSync to Horde

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Dec 6 21:34:07 UTC 2011

Quoting Stephan Kleber <stephan at admin.nabira.de>:

> Hi,
>
> thanks Dom, thanks Mike, for the replyes.
>
>> I remember something wrong when I migrate my data, we have to launch
>> that command:
>> kronolith-convert-to-utc
>
> thanks for the hint, Dom.
> I have unset the kronolith-option: $conf[calendar][params][utc]
> which is described as follows
> "Store the dates in UTC format? WARNING: if you are upgrading from
> Kronolith before version 3, you must convert the old events to UTC
> before activating this. See the documentation in UPGRADING."
>
> This should rule out this problem, should it not? Although, there is a
> bug there.
>
> But I will try to convert the kronolith DB.
>

>> This works fine for me on various Android devices as well as various iOS
>> devices. The only recent timezone/activesync related change was to fix
>> Bug: 10760 http://http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10760 This shouldn't
>> cause the problems you are seeing.
>
> I am absolutely confident, Mike, that this timeshift did not happen
> before, with exactly the same clients which now show this behaviour. On
> server side I did not change anything except updating horde (and other
> pear packages) via pear.
>
>> My guess is that your device's timezone setting is incorrect. Do you
>> have timezone support enabled on the iPhone? Some Android devices have
>> the timezone setting removed (don't ask me why) by the carrier. If you
>> have it, it's under the Date and Time pref. If you don't have it, there
>> is an App you can download (TimeZone Changer or something like that,
>> don't remember the name off hand).
>
> No, that can not be the problem: My devices (iPhone, iPod touch, HTC
> Desire, Acer A501) have set the correct timezone (GMT+1 CET). I double
> checked that.
>
> The server timezone is correct, also.

More importantly, what timezone is set in the user's prefs?

> I provide the AS-log of one of these shifted new events as attachment.
> It correctly shows the submission of a 12:00 CET event with the
> starttimevalue 20111206T110000Z which is correct, since it is UTC time.

The log looks good.

> Any comments? Ideas?

Not off hand. I can't reproduce this. When I get back in front of my
dev machine and devices, I'll try using the same timezone that you
just specified on the device to see if that makes any difference.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org