[horde] Timeshift on ActiveSync to Horde

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Dec 6 21:43:02 UTC 2011

Quoting Stephan Kleber <stephan at admin.nabira.de>:

> Hi,
>
> thanks Dom, thanks Mike, for the replyes.
>
>> I remember something wrong when I migrate my data, we have to launch
>> that command:
>> kronolith-convert-to-utc
>
> thanks for the hint, Dom.
> I have unset the kronolith-option: $conf[calendar][params][utc]
> which is described as follows
> "Store the dates in UTC format? WARNING: if you are upgrading from
> Kronolith before version 3, you must convert the old events to UTC
> before activating this. See the documentation in UPGRADING."
>
> This should rule out this problem, should it not? Although, there is a
> bug there.

That depends. If you don't use UTC then all events in Kronolith are in
a "floating" timezone. That is, they are always assumed to be in the
user's current timezone. This is fine if you never cross timezones or
do not have to schedule meetings with people in more than one
timezone, or have recurring events that span DST switches etc... If
you want to really support timezones, you need to use UTC.

So, if the user's device is in a different timezone than their Horde
prefs indicate, this could very well be the source of your issue.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org