[horde] Restoring Horde from backups

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Dec 19 14:37:59 UTC 2011

Quoting Mark Dods <madods at optusnet.com.au>:

> I have a question related to the distribution of Horde using PEAR.
>
> If I am backing up my Horde data, and the server dies, how do I
> ensure that when I install Horde on a new server I get the same
> versions of the various components as I had on the server that died?
> I don't want to find that the database schema has changed,
> preventing me from restoring the data.

You can choose the version to install explicitly via PEAR if needed.
Granted, you will need to track which versions of the various
libraries you have currently installed. You also might consider just
backing up the entire install, instead of just the data. Additionally,
even if you do install a newer stable version than your data is from,
it's an arbitrary task to bring the data up to date...

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org