[horde] ActiveSync error and not logging

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Dec 20 01:28:26 UTC 2011

Quoting Stephan Kleber <stephan at admin.nabira.de>:

> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>> Do you have activesync specific logging enabled? If so, what is the
>> path you have entered? The webserver must be able to write to the
>> directory you have specified - not just the individual file (we try
>> to create device specific log files now).
>
> Indeed, that was the problem. AS works again like a charm.
>
> Thank you so much for sorting this out so quickly.
>
> I have a feeling, that this should not have be able to break things
> but it did. Instead of using the existing and writeable file as a
> fallback, AS completly got screwed when it found a directory it
> can't write new files into.
>
> I noticed there was introduced a info text about this in the
> configuration page for the AS log. Is there a possibility to point
> on such important configuration changes more eye-catchingly? Or does
> such important information exist somewhere, where it can't be
> overlooked, but I did not find it anyway?

Indeed, in retrospect this should have been mentioned in UPGRADING. I
also erroneously assumed that the webserver would be able to create
new files in the same directory as the existing AS debug log.

I have fixed the issue in Git for the next release. We now only create
a device-specific logger if we can actually successfully open a file
for it first.

Thanks for the report.

--
mike