[horde] ActiveSync error and not logging

Stephan Kleber stephan at admin.nabira.de
Tue Dec 20 00:36:13 UTC 2011

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
> Do you have activesync specific logging enabled? If so, what is the
> path you have entered? The webserver must be able to write to the
> directory you have specified - not just the individual file (we try
> to create device specific log files now).

Indeed, that was the problem. AS works again like a charm.

Thank you so much for sorting this out so quickly.

I have a feeling, that this should not have be able to break things
but it did. Instead of using the existing and writeable file as a
fallback, AS completly got screwed when it found a directory it can't
write new files into.

I noticed there was introduced a info text about this in the
configuration page for the AS log. Is there a possibility to point on
such important configuration changes more eye-catchingly? Or does such
important information exist somewhere, where it can't be overlooked,
but I did not find it anyway?

cu
Stephan