[horde] IMP seems slow refreshing and executing actions

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:57:44 UTC 2011

Quoting ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
> ----- Message from Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> ---------
>     Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 14:03:15 -0500
>     From: Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>
>   Subject: [horde] IMP seems slow refreshing and executing actions
>       To: HordeMaillist <horde at lists.horde.org>
>
>> Merry Xmas everyone!
>>
>>    I am wondering why "navigation" in our mailbox such as deleting emails,
>>    opening emails, moving emails around is pretty slow.  For example, when I
>>    click on an email in my inbox, it takes about 8 to 10 seconds to see the
>>    preview in the preview pane..  Opening the email takes about the
>> same time.
>>
>>    Deleting an email also takes about 8-10 sec.  Seems excessively slow for
>>    an inbox that has always less than 20 emails..
>>
>>    While I'm at it, I've sent an email a few days ago to the horde list, and
>>    I am not sure it it was received properly.. so ill ask again:
>>
>>    Since I upgraded to the latest horde framework, I have lost some links in
>>    the left side menu.  Among the items I've lost, is the calendar link..
>>    Which is pretty  much a problem for us..
>   Jan has already answered for the lost menu items.
>
>   "The logic how we merge configurations has been fixed in the
> latest Horde_Core release. You need to explicitly enable the
> applications you want to display in an application's menu in that
> application's configuration. It's no longer sufficient to set them
> globally in Horde's configuration."
>> Anybody can help with the slow behavior of IMP and get back the links
>>    I've lost??
>>
>>    Again, thanks for the wonderful work Horde devs and Merry Xmas to all!
>>
>>    Louis
>>
>>    Louis-Philippe Allard
>> lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
>>    Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux
>>    --
>   ----- End message from Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> -----
>
>   --
>   Anant S Athavale,

Thanks for replying.  First of all, I havent received the email from
Jan..  Not sure why but I have problems with sync between my android phone
and gmail..  Might have deteled the email by mistake.  Anyways, I am not
sure what you are talking about.  All I see under the calendar's conffig
page that has something to do with menus is

Menu Settings
* $conf[menu][import_export] [X]
Should we display an Import/Export link in the Horde application menus?

$conf[menu][apps] [all items selected]
To select multiple items, hold down the Control (PC) or Command (Mac) key
while     clicking.  Select any applications that should be linked in
Kronolith's menu

$conf[menu][apps_iframe] [X]
Should linked applications be loaded in an IFRAME within the Ajax interface?

Browsing the calendar's UI options, I couldnt find such option..

I would appreciate if you specify where to find/the name of the option to set.

Thanks

Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
    Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux