[horde] Performance of Horde Sidebar in Traditional mode reg.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Dec 29 10:16:40 UTC 2011

Zitat von Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:

> Citējot Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:45:58 +0100:
>
>> Zitat von Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:
>>
>>> Citējot ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>
>>> Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:32:06 +0530:

>>> it will be interesting to hear comments from team..
>>
>> Which comments? And why from us? Do YOU experience the same? THAT
>> would be an interesting comment.
>>
>> Beside that, the calendar loads quick for me. If anything then
>> remote calendars may cause delays - once. But the default calendars
>> are usually pretty fast. Unless you happen to be affected by
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10882, though this hasn't been
>> verified yet.
>
> I do not know whether I had definitely the same problem, but
> observation about extremely slow refreshment of sidebar was the same
> (I tried to report it as a bug but was declined by You).

Yes because a statement like "my sidebar is slow" is not helpful in
any way. And you didn't say whether this was cause by Kronolith.
Neither when you reported this the first time, and still not now.

> I solved this problem by downgrading horde to 4.0.10 and I am not
> going to upgrade it while the messages of similar performance
> problems will keep popping up.

Then this won't be "fixed" (if there is anything to fix) ever. If you
are not willing to track an issue further down that at that time only
you seemed to experience, then it won't ever change.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/