[horde] Performance of Horde Sidebar in Traditional mode reg.

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Thu Dec 29 10:11:02 UTC 2011

Citējot Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:45:58 +0100:

> Zitat von Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:
>
>> Citējot ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>
>> Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:32:06 +0530:
>>
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> If I Uncheck My own Calnder from Kronolith (Calendar Applicaton),
>>> the refreshing of Horde Sidebar happens very fast.  The moment I
>>> enable it again, refresh of Horde Sidebar takes long time. This is
>>> in Traditional Mode.  I just wanted to share my experience on this.
>>
>> it will be interesting to hear comments from team..
>
> Which comments? And why from us? Do YOU experience the same? THAT
> would be an interesting comment.
>
> Beside that, the calendar loads quick for me. If anything then
> remote calendars may cause delays - once. But the default calendars
> are usually pretty fast. Unless you happen to be affected by
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10882, though this hasn't been verified
> yet.

I do not know whether I had definitely the same problem, but
observation about extremely slow refreshment of sidebar was the same
(I tried to report it as a bug but was declined by You).

I solved this problem by downgrading horde to 4.0.10 and I am not
going to upgrade it while the messages of similar performance problems
will keep popping up.

And - no, I do not use external calendars.

Janis