[horde] Horde 4 and the equivalent of loginscreen_switch

Viktor Horvath viktor.h at laposte.net
Mon Jan 9 01:41:17 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

this question is not _very_ important to me, I'm just curious :-)

Let's imagine that in my very tiny Horde installation, I have some user
accounts with IMAP mailboxes, but also some user accounts without an
IMAP mailbox, e.g. a dedicated admin user who has nothing to do with
IMAP, or a user who only has access to an address book and a calendar
and nothing else.

In Horde 3, I could do composite authentication. The "non-IMAP" users
authenticated through the local SQL database, the others went straight
to IMP and the (remote) IMAP server. Nice single-sign-on, and no need
for any try-and-error - I had two different domain names for the Horde
installation. In the loginscreen_switch function, I tested
$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] and returned either 'sql' or 'imp'. Immediately,
the right authentication mechanism got chosen.
http://wiki.horde.org/AuthCompositeHowToH3

In Horde 4, "loginscreen_switch" seems to be gone. The composite
authentication can only distinguish between 'admin_driver' and
'auth_driver' which are hard-coded, and the whole purpose seems to be
slightly different from what I've done...
http://wiki.horde.org/AuthCompositeHowTo

I was quite happy with my Horde 3 customisation. Is there any chance of
getting something similar to run on Horde 4 without having to patch the
code?

All the best,
Viktor.