[horde] Fwd: Re: Interface design Horde 4.1/5.0

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jan 10 07:04:55 UTC 2012

--
Core Developer

The Horde Project

e: wrobel at horde.org
t: +49 700 6245 0000
w: http://www.horde.org

pgp: 9703 43BE
tweets: http://twitter.com/pardus_de
blog: http://log.pardus.de

Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> schrieb:

"Nicolás Ilich Samus" <nicolas at unq.edu.ar> schrieb:

>I'm not sure if it's obvious or a detail, but i think is important to
>hold the menus at top if the user scrolls down in the application.
>It's really annoying in an application when is needed scroll up to
>make an action or open another app in a new tab and then scroll down
>again to return to the working point.

The dynamic interfaces we currently have for imp and kronolith work with a fixed screen size. So I would say that is the direction we are heading towards.

If we keep the static views it might be more difficult there. We don't have a fixed menu for them right now and I'm not certain the effort would be worth it.

But for new stuff it is definitely something we should have as a rule.

Cheers,

Gunnar