[horde] ActiveSync, one way (iphone->Horde) is very long

Stefan Johänntgen Stefan at NicoleJo.de
Tue Jan 10 15:45:30 UTC 2012

Am 09.01.2012 14:34, schrieb gimili:
> On 1/08/12 7:45 PM, Simon Wilson wrote:
>> ----- Message from Stefan Johänntgen <Stefan at NicoleJo.de> ---------
>>    Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 22:54:38 +0100
>>    From: Stefan Johänntgen <Stefan at NicoleJo.de>
>> Subject: [horde] ActiveSync, one way (iphone->Horde) is very long
>>      To: horde at lists.horde.org
>>

>>> If I create a new contact in the Horde webinterface (Turba) he
>>> appears within a few seconds on my iPhone/Ipad.
>>> If I create a new contact on the iphone, it takes 5-15 minutes until
>>> the entry is in the address book.
>>>
>>> The iphone works, upstairs in the status bar (left of the time)
>>> there is a sign of what a normal meadow only briefly
>>> will appear. But it does not disappear, It works, and works and
>>> works...
>>>
>>> In the serverlogs (syslog) it is all right. Any Idea
>>> --
>>
>> Have a look through this thread and play with forced heartbeat
>> instead of device managed.
>>
>> http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20110718/041567.html
>>
>> Simon.
>>

> Perhaps it was just timing but after seeing your email, I tested a new
> iphone and it was instant.  Does your iphone have the latest software?

Now i have the iphone back to factory setting. iOS5.0.1
Unfortunately, no difference. When I add a new contact appears the busy
icon but it is not synchronized. It takes a very long time. (Only the
first sync is fast!) If I have a new contact in turba adding he will be
transferred immediately. The new contact from the iPhone is then
transferred into turba.

When I select in the horde config $ conf [activesync] [ping]
[deviceping] "Forced Heartbeat" everything works.
Are forcedheartbeat=0 and waitinterval=1 criticallywith up to 5 devices?