[horde] Interface design Horde 4.1/5.0

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Wed Jan 11 07:48:27 UTC 2012

Citējot Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:46:32 -0200:

>> If I may suggest one functionality for the Horde from proprietary
>> software world - ability to change the attachment and save the
>> changed one with the letter (as Outlook does) - I did not met any
>> other product offering it and I must add, that it is very popular
>> among bureaucracy.
>>

> I never saw this feature, maybe that's why I don't get it. I don't
> understand why would that be different from saving the att. in your
> disk, altering it, and then attaching it again to a reply...

that's the point - one does not send anything to anyone, just changes
the attachment and stores changes to attachment within original email.
If the original message is digitally signed, after such operation
digital signature is removed from the message.

Storing attachment to the disk i find especially boring as an average
bureaucrat usually deals with hundreds if not thousands of attached
documents (I saw such collections of other colleagues) and often it is
important to keep the track from where the document originated. For
that purposes I find Outlook outstanding and without competition.

Janis