[horde] Large numbers of open sessions

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Jan 25 01:43:07 UTC 2012

Hi list...

I upgraded my Horde install last night, after a couple of months since
the last upgrade. As a matter or course now I check Sessions, and
there were 3025 open sessions. Given there are typically only 3 or 4
users, I was a bit surprised at the number.

The sessions are all (bar a couple) from iOS devices, of which there
are 5 currently registered to ActiveSync.

In the 12 hours since the upgrade, 4 of those iOS devices (iOS4 and
iOS5) have added 224 new open sessions.

It would appear that for some reason iOS and Horde ActiveSync are not
closing and terminating sessions between them. Is there a known issue
with this, or something I can do to encourage the termination of the
sessions? If I set $conf[session][timeout] will that assist, and what
other risks does that bring, given that the config entry says to
change "with care"?

Simon

--
Simon Wilson