[horde] Large numbers of open sessions

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jan 25 20:03:22 UTC 2012

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> On 25 January 2012 13:48, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>>
>>> I'm still not clear why some are seeing this and some are not. I am using
>>> IMP auth as well, and don't see anywhere near that frequency of requests.
>>> ./horde-active-sessions on my production machine has fluctuated between 0,
>>> 1, 2 for the last hour. I have at least one device actively syncing right
>>> now.
>>

>> Only thing I can think of is that maybe ActiveSync support in Android 2.2 is
>> flaky/weak, and that's what accounts for the excessive number of server hits
>> (?).
>>
>> Wish I could upgrade to 2.3, but that's pretty much a no-go with the limited
>> memory of the Droid 1.
>
> Actually I enjoyed significant improvement in speed when I upgraded my
> OG Droid to Peter Alfonso's 2.3.4 stock image.  I'm now running CM7
> with 2.3.7 and am quite happy with that too.

Well... my experience with 2.3 was with CM7/7.1.  I seemed to have a
hard time running anything that required even a decent amount of free
memory.  IIRC, Angry Birds would have difficulty in loading - why else
would you have a smartphone?

Maybe this whole discussion is moot.  I got my Droid at the very end
of its life-cycle (I was going to get another phone - the
Incredible(?) - but it was on backorder for a month) so the 2-year
upgrade cycle is here.  I would imagine that nobody that cares about
things like ActiveSync will be running 2.2 6 months from now.  If 2.3+
provides substantial ActiveSync improvements, then this issue may
resolve itself automatically.

michael