[horde] Https + Horde 4 in a subdir

Michael Post michael_post at web.de
Thu Feb 2 01:44:26 UTC 2012

Hello again,

thanks for your reply.

Am 02.02.2012 um 01:13 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> $app_fileroot defines where to find the /horde directory on your filesystem, not what is located within that directory. It would be normally automatically be set to something like '/var/www/html/horde/config/../' by Horde. It is helpful to set this manually anytime Horde may not be able to figure this out automatically - like when the horde install is symlinked.
>
> Also, since you say above that this is your "/horde" directory - how are you telling the webserver to serve the /subdomain.dir path?  What I usually do when this is required is to change the name of the /horde folder on the filesystem.
>
> The fact that you are being redirected to domain.com/login instead of either domain.com/horde/login.php or domain.com/subdomain.dir/login tells me that the $app_webroot setting is probably incorrect.

yes. thats clear. But the function Horde::selfURL gives back the path https://domain.com/login.php without subdomain.dir.
Do you have another hint for me? or a defined example of a working code?

> This is fine, as long as $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] is what you expect it to be (www.domain.com).

Yes. The content is exactly what i expect.

> First off, you probably shouldn't be defining these within the 'horde' stanza. You should set the bare $app_webroot and $app_fileroot variables as described at the end of the comments in the file header. Otherwise, you will need to set these values for every application you use. In fact, if you are using IMP auth then this may very well be your issue.

Ok. I defined it global for all modules.

> Secondly, this line is self-referential and is not doing what you think. This line is *defining* $this->applications['horde']['webroot'], so you can't use it as part of the assignment. In other words, this value is not defined here yet to use it. The end result might actually be OK, since it will probably resolve to '/subdomain.dir', but it will throw a WARNING.
>
> Of course, the webserver needs to know about this path...if you don't rename the /horde folder, how does the webserver know where to find /horde? Did you do this via Apache config directives?

the apache know the path. the path i configured @apache is now domain.com/subdomain.dir/ where subdomain.dir is equal to the directory of the filesystem.

Thanks a lot,

Michael