[horde] Https + Horde 4 in a subdir

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Feb 2 05:03:09 UTC 2012

Quoting Michael Post <michael_post at web.de>:

> Hello again,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> Am 02.02.2012 um 01:13 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>
>> $app_fileroot defines where to find the /horde directory on your
>> filesystem, not what is located within that directory. It would be
>> normally automatically be set to something like
>> '/var/www/html/horde/config/../' by Horde. It is helpful to set
>> this manually anytime Horde may not be able to figure this out
>> automatically - like when the horde install is symlinked.
>>
>> Also, since you say above that this is your "/horde" directory -
>> how are you telling the webserver to serve the /subdomain.dir path?
>>  What I usually do when this is required is to change the name of
>> the /horde folder on the filesystem.
>>
>> The fact that you are being redirected to domain.com/login instead
>> of either domain.com/horde/login.php or
>> domain.com/subdomain.dir/login tells me that the $app_webroot
>> setting is probably incorrect.
>
> yes. thats clear. But the function Horde::selfURL gives back the
> path https://domain.com/login.php without subdomain.dir.

Of course, because selfURL uses the webroot, and I'm telling you that
your webroot is probably incorrect.

> Do you have another hint for me? or a defined example of a working code?
>

>> This is fine, as long as $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] is what you expect
>> it to be (www.domain.com).
>
> Yes. The content is exactly what i expect.
>
>> First off, you probably shouldn't be defining these within the
>> 'horde' stanza. You should set the bare $app_webroot and
>> $app_fileroot variables as described at the end of the comments in
>> the file header. Otherwise, you will need to set these values for
>> every application you use. In fact, if you are using IMP auth then
>> this may very well be your issue.
>
> Ok. I defined it global for all modules.
>

>> Secondly, this line is self-referential and is not doing what you
>> think. This line is *defining*
>> $this->applications['horde']['webroot'], so you can't use it as
>> part of the assignment. In other words, this value is not defined
>> here yet to use it. The end result might actually be OK, since it
>> will probably resolve to '/subdomain.dir', but it will throw a
>> WARNING.
>>
>> Of course, the webserver needs to know about this path...if you
>> don't rename the /horde folder, how does the webserver know where
>> to find /horde? Did you do this via Apache config directives?
>
> the apache know the path. the path i configured @apache is now
> domain.com/subdomain.dir/ where subdomain.dir is equal to the
> directory of the filesystem.

I have no idea what you mean by this.  If you are telling me that you
configured Apache's webroot to be domain.com/subdomain.dir then that
is incorrect. Apache's webroot should be domain.com/ and you should
place the horde folder within this directory and rename it to
subdomain.dir.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)