[horde] Setting sql addressbook read-only

Stephan steffo76 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 20:12:03 UTC 2012

Am 02.02.2012 18:08, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting steffo76 at gmx.de:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there any way to set an additional sql addressbook defined in
>> turba's backends.local.php read-only ? I have defined one which is
>> read-only in the sense that the username for the connection to the sql
>> server has read only access to the database. Is it possible to geht
>> rid of the 'Edit' and 'Delete' tabs for this source ?
>
> You can set up a new address book source that uses sql as a backend,
> provide all the connection information as demonstrated in the example
> sources, but do NOT use shares. You can then manage the permissions for
> this address book via Horde's administrative permissions interface and
> give all authenticated uses read only access to this source.

Ah, ok, so I will need to add permissions for turba and underneath that
permissions for sources and underneath that one permissions for that
particular address-book ? And I better give all authenticated users read
and view access to the turba entry or they won't be able to see any
address book ? While experimenting it looked like there is no need for
any user to have permissions set on the 'sources' part of the tree. Do
they need any ?

Permissions
   |--All Permissions
     |--Address Book (turba) <- All Authenticated Users Show and Read
       |--Sources (sources)
        |--<Name of my address-book>

(Or am I on the wrong track here ?)

Regards,