[horde] Setting sql addressbook read-only

Stephan steffo76 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 20:28:45 UTC 2012

Am 02.02.2012 21:20, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Stephan <steffo76 at gmx.de>:
>
>> Am 02.02.2012 18:08, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>>
>>> Quoting steffo76 at gmx.de:

>>> You can set up a new address book source that uses sql as a backend,
>>> provide all the connection information as demonstrated in the example
>>> sources, but do NOT use shares. You can then manage the permissions for
>>> this address book via Horde's administrative permissions interface and
>>> give all authenticated uses read only access to this source.
>>
>> Ah, ok, so I will need to add permissions for turba and underneath
>> that permissions for sources and underneath that one permissions for
>> that particular address-book ? And I better give all authenticated
>> users read and view access to the turba entry or they won't be able to
>> see any address book ? While experimenting it looked like there is no
>> need for any user to have permissions set on the 'sources' part of the
>> tree. Do they need any ?
>>

>> Permissions
>> |--All Permissions
>> |--Address Book (turba) <- All Authenticated Users Show and Read
>> |--Sources (sources)
>> |--<Name of my address-book>
>
> The permissions need to be on the actual address book, "test" in your
> screenshot.

I have the correct permissions on the actual address book ("test") and
the 'Edit' and 'Delete' tabs are gone so this works as expected.

I just wanted to make sure that the permissions on the 'Address Book
(turba)' part of the whole shebang are correct because when I created
this part of the tree the permissions on that one where none (no
checkbox checked) which lead to normal users not being able to see any
address book at all.