[horde] Can't sync calendar & contacts, ActiveSync, horde4, android 4.0.2

Daniel Basa daniel at luli.de
Fri Feb 3 06:16:16 UTC 2012

Am 02.02.2012 23:16, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Daniel Basa <daniel at luli.de>:

>> I don't want to sync mail using horde (thought that would not
>> work?). I am using z-push to sync/push mail.
>
> I'm curious as to why you feel ZPush's email support provides a better
> experience than either Android's native client, or an app like K-9 mail?

I am using K-9 mail. But I don't want to check email every now and then.
I would like to receive email when it's delivered to my mailbox. Z-Push
pushes the mail to my phone. I don't have to initialize checks for new
mails from my phone on a regular basis.

> Anyway, how did you configure ZPush and Horde? Hopefully on either
> different (sub)domains. If you configured your device with two different
> exchange accounts, both pointing at the same server, this will cause
> lots of problems.

Yep, I took care of that. Z-Push is running on the "subdomain handling
the mail-traffic" (mail.example.org). Horde is set to work on the
webmail sub-domain.

> Past that, I'm out of ideas, unless you want to provide a network trace.
> Maybe somthing will show up there.
>
> Oh, one more thing - you didn't by any chance turn off the email sync
> for this account on the device did you? For this device (or maybe for
> ICS in general), this is REQUIRED to be enabled, otherwise even if you
> have enabled calendar and contacts the device will never perform the
> initial SYNC - which it doesn't seem to be doing... I think I have a
> note about that on the wiki page I referred you to earlier.

You are hitting the nail on the head (At least in Germany we would say
so). After having the trouble with the device not showing up in the
device list I disabled E-Mail-syncing. Just to investigate the problem
on my own and play with some settings. The idea was to try on my own
before I ask someone else. Well, seems like it worked out the other way.
I did ask someone else and I am the blockhead now.
Sorry for bothering you with this.
I reenabled E-Mail syncing and readded the exchange account on my phone
once more and voila: It is working! Syncing calendar and contacts. The
only thing is that I can't see other calendars on my phone than the
default although they are enabled for syncing, but thats another story.
So now I can say good-bye to google and backup my contacts online (Never
gave them to mighty google ...)

I am very thankful for your help and I am sorry for me being such a
blockhead.

Thanks,

Daniel

P.S. You are right, it is on the wiki! *shame*