[horde] Setting Default Preferences Before First Login

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 16:13:29 UTC 2012

OK - continuing with Horde 4 install and I have another question about preferences.

With Horde 3, I would create a user account.  I would then login to the user account and set all of the preferences to what I would want set for any 'default' user that hasn't been created yet.

I would then go into the horde database and find all of the preferences set under the horde_prefs table amongst the others based upon the login ID I just used.

I then made an SQL/PHP script from those default preferences so whenever I would make a new user account, this script would run and setup all of the preferences to how they were set with my test account.

However, with Horde 4, I see that the pref_value field is now a BLOB and not LONGTEXT as it was in Horde 3.

So how can I setup default preferences for all users before they even login or use their account?  Things like disabling the Virtual Folders, setting reminders, default folders (Sent, Trash, Spam, Drafts), and all other items no longer are available because of the BLOB field type.

Appreciate any additional help.

Brian S.