[horde] Expanding E-Mail Address in To, CC, and BCC Boxes

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 16:32:01 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Upgraded to Horde 4 (as many of you already know).

A user just called me saying that a feature they used frequently is no longer working for them - the auto-expansion of names or e-mail addresses in the To, CC, and Bcc Boxes.

This is affecting both the Dynamic and Traditional mail systems.

The AJAX round circle animation appears next to the box when you type in a few characters, but it never returns anything.

I went into the preferences for Mail and chose Address books.  Both the user's address book is selected along with the Favorite Recipients.

When I choose their main address book, I can then choose Name and Email in the auto-expansion box below.  Both are selected and then the settings are saved.

The preference page then reloads - and the auto-expansion box is empty again.

We then logged out and logged back in - went to create a new message - and the same thing happens.  The little AJAX animated circle turns for a moment and goes away - but nothing is populated in the drop-down for choosing a recipient.

Anyone else had this problem - and is there a fix for it?

Thank you!
Brian S.