[horde] How to setup a central read only ldap adressbook with existing ldap server

Hanns Mattes hanns at hannsmattes.de
Mon Feb 13 17:18:28 UTC 2012

Hei, Götz,

Am 13.02.2012 16:00, schrieb Götz Reinicke:
> Hi Hanns,
>
> Am 13.02.12 15:19, schrieb Hanns Mattes:
>> Hei, Götz,
>>
>> Am 13.02.2012 13:54, schrieb Götz Reinicke:
>>> [central ldap-addressbook]
>>
>> the example in turba/config/backends.php doesn't help?
>
> Thanks for that hint but it did not help completely :-)
>
> It looks that the config file is used, but may be not fully right
> configured. I dont added
>
> I can select that new address book and launch a search, but there are no
> results.
>
> We do have about 1.000 entries in our ldap and I only want the users to
> show up which e.g. have a valid e-mail-adress.

> So may be I do have to enable some sort of filter to?

Yes, You can set filters, something like 'filter' => 'mail=*', if you
only want to list users with this attribute.

Also take care, that you bind to the server with an LDAP-Account with
sufficient rights to read (but not to write) the entries. You probably
want to create a special account and a matching ACL for that purpose.

> And not any ldap object dose have all attribues like telephone or room.
> Is that a problem?

No, there would be just no entry showing up in the corresponding field
in Turba.

You can control in a tailored backends.local.php which attributes are
mapped to which turba-fields, this offers a quite fine grained control.

Hope that helps

Regards Hanns