[horde] [SORTA SOLVED] Re: Just not to waste time... Horde doesn't find select pear libraries

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Feb 20 06:38:34 UTC 2012

Am 19.02.2012 21:48, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> With the latest suse factory build and latest horde master I
>> experience a strange behaviour when I use a fresh developer
>> installation of horde (checkout from git.horde.org, configure the
>> install_dev.conf, set the absolute path to the git checkout in
>> registry.local.conf, copy conf.php.dist to conf.php) on a fresh
>> system. I haven't yet verified this against a known previously working
>> installation so this is a request for help/input/ideas rather than a
>> bug report (which would go to bugs.horde.org)
>>
>> Horde doesn't find select pear packages.
>>
>> It does find pear date but not HTTP_Request.
>
> It sounds like maybe the include_path is not correct, or maybe some of
> the PEAR packages were installed using a different pear root?

This is an output of "pear list" run through the horde admin shell:

INSTALLED PACKAGES, CHANNEL PEAR.PHP.NET:
PACKAGE            VERSION  STATE
Archive_Tar        1.3.7    stable
Auth_SASL          1.0.4    stable
Console_Getopt     1.3.0    stable
Crypt_Blowfish     1.1.0RC2 beta
DB                 1.7.13   stable
Date               1.4.7    stable
HTTP_Request       1.4.4    stable
HTTP_WebDAV_Server 1.0.0RC7 beta
MDB2               2.4.1    stable
Net_Sieve          1.3.2    stable
Net_Socket         1.0.10   stable
Net_URL            1.0.15   stable
PEAR               1.9.4    stable
Services_Weather   1.4.5    stable
Structures_Graph   1.0.4    stable
Text_Wiki          1.2.1    stable
XML_SVG            1.0.3    stable
XML_Serializer     0.20.2   beta
XML_Util           1.2.1    stable

As you can see,
HTTP_Request       1.4.4    stable
HTTP_WebDAV_Server 1.0.0RC7 beta
are present.

$mydate = new Date();
print_r($mydate);
$myrequest = new HTTP_Request('http://www.google.de');
print_r($myrequest);

Now I tried and copied the "HTTP" folder to /srv/www/horde-git/libs,
verified file permissions and it still doesn't show up in test.php (and
doesn't work in a small test);

What I finally noticed was that this image already had a complete
(unconfigured) pear/rpm-based horde install in
/usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde

And this one actually finds its libraries.

I'm going to repeat this experiment on a clean server and see how it
turns out.

Thank you for your suggestions.

--
Ralf Lang