[horde] [SORTA SOLVED] Re: Just not to waste time... Horde doesn't find select pear libraries

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Feb 20 09:52:31 UTC 2012

Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Am 19.02.2012 21:48, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>>
>>> With the latest suse factory build and latest horde master I
>>> experience a strange behaviour when I use a fresh developer
>>> installation of horde (checkout from git.horde.org, configure the
>>> install_dev.conf, set the absolute path to the git checkout in
>>> registry.local.conf, copy conf.php.dist to conf.php) on a fresh
>>> system. I haven't yet verified this against a known previously working
>>> installation so this is a request for help/input/ideas rather than a
>>> bug report (which would go to bugs.horde.org)
>>>
>>> Horde doesn't find select pear packages.
>>>
>>> It does find pear date but not HTTP_Request.
>>
>> It sounds like maybe the include_path is not correct, or maybe some of
>> the PEAR packages were installed using a different pear root?
>>

> This is an output of "pear list" run through the horde admin shell:
>
> INSTALLED PACKAGES, CHANNEL PEAR.PHP.NET:
> PACKAGE            VERSION  STATE
> Archive_Tar        1.3.7    stable
> Auth_SASL          1.0.4    stable
> Console_Getopt     1.3.0    stable
> Crypt_Blowfish     1.1.0RC2 beta
> DB                 1.7.13   stable
> Date               1.4.7    stable
> HTTP_Request       1.4.4    stable
> HTTP_WebDAV_Server 1.0.0RC7 beta
> MDB2               2.4.1    stable
> Net_Sieve          1.3.2    stable
> Net_Socket         1.0.10   stable
> Net_URL            1.0.15   stable
> PEAR               1.9.4    stable
> Services_Weather   1.4.5    stable
> Structures_Graph   1.0.4    stable
> Text_Wiki          1.2.1    stable
> XML_SVG            1.0.3    stable
> XML_Serializer     0.20.2   beta
> XML_Util           1.2.1    stable
>
> As you can see,
> HTTP_Request       1.4.4    stable
> HTTP_WebDAV_Server 1.0.0RC7 beta
> are present.

This doesn't mean anything. You are still calling it from a shell,
which isn't different than calling it from the console directly
(besides the chance that it's picking up a different user
configuration). It *is* different from calling it through the web
server SAPI though. They use completely different PHP configurations.

> $mydate = new Date();
> print_r($mydate);
> $myrequest = new HTTP_Request('http://www.google.de');
> print_r($myrequest);
>
> Now I tried and copied the "HTTP" folder to /srv/www/horde-git/libs,
> verified file permissions and it still doesn't show up in test.php
> (and doesn't work in a small test);

Then you don't have that in your include_path.

> What I finally noticed was that this image already had a complete
> (unconfigured) pear/rpm-based horde install in
> /usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde
>
> And this one actually finds its libraries.
>
> I'm going to repeat this experiment on a clean server and see how it
> turns out.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions.
>
> --
> Ralf Lang
> Linux Consultant / Developer
> Tel.: +49-170-6381563
> Mail: lang at b1-systems.de
>
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

The Horde Project
http://www.horde.org/