[horde] Horde 4 Debian 6 Install Guide for Dummies

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Tue Feb 21 15:49:49 UTC 2012

Hi

http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#finishing-installation

> Yes, please post your step by step howto, I am eager to see it :) !
>
> I want Horde 4 to be installed in a directory of my choice. If I
> understood right I need the separate pear install to fulfill my wish,
> did I understand that correctly?
>
> > Correct.
>

> Why do I want webmail.. well, if I understood right then 'webmail' will
> install the basic Horde4 for me. If webmail can run I indeed can install
> more modules, correct?
>
> > Correct.
Ok. I now installed a new debian 6 again.

apt-get install mc build-essential php5-dev proftpd procmail fetchmail
postfix apache2 libapache2-mod-php5 php-pear php5-dev imagemagick
aspell-de libmagic-dev make mysql-server phpmyadmin libmagic-dev
php5-mysql php5-gd m4 php5-tidy php-file php5-suhosin libmagickwand3
libmagickwand-dev gawk php5-geoip libgeoip-dev libssh2-1-dev
libidn11-dev php5-idn

Then I installed with PECL all prerequisites BUT fileinfo which runs
into PHPIZE errors - can that be fixed?? I installed fileinfo manually!
pecl install imagick
pecl install memcache
pecl install lzf
pecl install ssh2 channel://pecl.php.net/ssh2-0.11.3
pecl install idn channel://pecl.php.net/idn-0.2.0
pecl install geoip

Then I did a:

pear channel-discover pear.horde.org

because this I have to do anyway, and I did it once.

Now, what is the correct order to install into a given directory e.g.
/var/www/domain/webmail ?

According to http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#id5 I have to :

mkdir /var/www/domain/webmail
pear config-create /var/www/domain/webmail /var/www/domain/webmail/pear.conf
pear -c /var/www/domain/webmail/pear.conf install pear

But what does http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#id4 mean?
Does it mean I have to do a

pear install horde/horde_role
pear run-scripts horde/horde_role

before I proceed with Install into separate Pear?

Can Gunnar send the correct order maybe?

Andreas