[horde] Horde 4 Debian 6 Install Guide for Dummies

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Feb 21 16:15:54 UTC 2012

> http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#finishing-installation

> seldom

> to want
> the
> >
> > Yes, please post your step by step howto, I am eager to see it :) !
> >
> > I want Horde 4 to be installed in a directory of my choice. If I
> > understood right I need the separate pear install to fulfill my wish,
> > did I understand that correctly?
> >
> > > Correct.
> >

> > Why do I want webmail.. well, if I understood right then 'webmail' will
> > install the basic Horde4 for me. If webmail can run I indeed can install
> > more modules, correct?
> >
> > > Correct.
> Ok. I now installed a new debian 6 again.
>
> apt-get install mc build-essential php5-dev proftpd procmail fetchmail
> postfix apache2 libapache2-mod-php5 php-pear php5-dev imagemagick
> aspell-de libmagic-dev make mysql-server phpmyadmin libmagic-dev
> php5-mysql php5-gd m4 php5-tidy php-file php5-suhosin libmagickwand3
> libmagickwand-dev gawk php5-geoip libgeoip-dev libssh2-1-dev
> libidn11-dev php5-idn
>
> Then I installed with PECL all prerequisites BUT fileinfo which runs
> into PHPIZE errors - can that be fixed?? I installed fileinfo manually!
> pecl install imagick
> pecl install memcache
> pecl install lzf
> pecl install ssh2 channel://pecl.php.net/ssh2-0.11.3
> pecl install idn channel://pecl.php.net/idn-0.2.0
> pecl install geoip
>
> Then I did a:
>
> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
>
> because this I have to do anyway, and I did it once.
>
> Now, what is the correct order to install into a given directory e.g.
> /var/www/domain/webmail ?
>
> According to http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#id5 I have
> to :
>
> mkdir /var/www/domain/webmail
> pear config-create /var/www/domain/webmail
> /var/www/domain/webmail/pear.conf
> pear -c /var/www/domain/webmail/pear.conf install pear
>
> But what does http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#id4
> mean?
> Does it mean I have to do a
>
> pear install horde/horde_role
> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>
> before I proceed with Install into separate Pear?
>
> Can Gunnar send the correct order maybe?

You choose only 3.1 or 3.2 paragrath from the INSTALL docs. You cannot mix them. So if you did "pear channel-discover pear.horde.org" you follow 3.1.

My personal recommendation:

pear install horde/horde_role
pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
pear install horde/webmail
webmail-install

Also you if you follow instructions be sure to read the text between the commands. If the sentence starts with "If... " then you follow it or not depending on what you want to achieve.

--
  Vilius