[horde] Horde 4 Debian 6 Install Guide for Dummies

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Feb 21 15:58:41 UTC 2012

> What I need is a step by step guide, WHAT belongs to WHAT and WHERE
> should this and that be installed.

> Look, I just want a Horde 4 installed on my Debian 6, it can not be so
> hard. So I wonder a lot why the documentation is made for super pear
> gurus only.
> I am very familiar with Linux, I use it since nearly 10 years and can
> handle Horde 3 very good meanwhile. I also helped other Horde 3 users
> fixing their problems.

It's not hard at all if you stick to the procedure. Install the
libraries to the default pear dir.

First get the channel

pear channel-discover pear.horde.org

Then the Role

pear install Horde_Role

Then tell Horde_Role where your web dir is by running exactly the
commandline which the output of above command gives your

THEN install the horde/webmail pattern with --alldeps or just horde

You probably don't want php-suhosin around.
You probably want the version php-hash, php-tokenizer etc which are
provided by debian.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer